Wednesday, January 24, 2007

LONDON EYE AND BIG BEN (extras too)

Canon 400D

Sorry they are late.......

I went to London over the weekend and this is what I was up to most of the time. The sun came out, but by evening it was getting very cold. Enjoy the pics though!!!


Just as I stepped out of the station....across the river Thames I was greeted with this view.


Some directions to interesting sites in the area


Big Ben and the sun setting behind it

A sculpture depicting the Battle of Britain.


Capturing the London Eye and Aquarium from across the river


Centre point shot with zoom

I had to go a long way round to the other side, but it was worth it as I got some stunning shots from this bridge

A shot from the bridge....stunning!!!


Zoomed in on the 'eye'


Tried to capture the sunset and the sun emerged from the clouds causing too much glare. Makes a good pic though!


Used a setting to reduce the sun's glare and give the skyline look like a silhoutte



This shot was a mistake, but it looks good. Too much light, yet it looks like its the sun


The name of the bridge where it all happened


On top of the stairs...see how bare the trees are during winter.


Zooming in on one of the London Eye pods



A shot taken near the boarding gate


Dali Art....one of many along the river bank

Another one

Kill two birds with one stone.....London Eye and Aquarium in the same vicinity


Nothing beats a random shot of a piece of wood floating by in the Thames




Parting shot of the eye


Now this is over exposure when I was playing around the manual settings....

.....I finally cracked it and got a better setting to take a picture (after a few tries though)


At sunset, Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament are illuminated


As I headed back to the tube station.....


This the station you need for those sites.....


At the platform...its blurry as I took it in a hurry



For Wembley Stadium...you will need this stop

That's all folks.
p.s. The pics are in their original state.....how I took them.

3 comments:

egm said...

Sweet! The canon takes some nice pictures, I see. Lakini me I am still Nikon damu. I need to style up and get my D200 speedy, vile the point and shoot is limited in its manual setting.

On that shot you took with too much exposure, I have played around with my camera and taken close to 10 shots of the exact same thing, but each time with different settings, just so that I can pick from those which the best shot was. Nakwambia photography is mob fun, au siyo?

egm said...

Me again. I just came across this site by a dude that has some major photography tips plus reviews on different equipment. Good stuff!

The Black Mamba said...
This comment has been removed by the author.