Monday, January 22, 2007

A Thing About Buildings

Fujifilm f450

When I visit somewhere or live in an area....I like to take pictures of the buildings and its surroundings. Here are some shots I have taken over a period of time. Enjoy!


Glasgow Art Galleries - I enjoyed my time in Glasgow last summer and this year God willing I will go back to Scotland.

Mitchell Library in Glasgow - Pic is quite blurry due to night setting and without a tripod.

The new Wembley Stadium - I took this picture whislt on the train. Tried in vain to capture a night shot when the arc is all lit up.

Harrods Department Store in Knightsbridge, London

Xscape: MK - Indoor Skiing, Cinema, shops and restaurant


Twickenham Rugby Stadium entrance.

Windsor Castle

Dominion Theater in Central London

The Canary Wharf skyline (London's Wall Street)

The Milton Keynes Gallery (from behind)

Kensington Olympia - Home of MacExpo exhibitions (and others)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

London is a beautiful city and you have captured it quite well! Nice photos. I am an amateur photographer too and would not mind getting my mitts on that cannon. Looks awfully yummy! Let me stop drooling. Nice toys.

walk said...

suprized u didnt have a pic of tate modern

egm said...

I too love taking pictures of buildings of the places I visit. Something about them that gives the character of a place. You've captured that well.

Now for some tips:

1) One word for you: Tripod. Lakini even blurred, that night shot pic looked good. Imagine how stunning it would be clear.

2) The Xscape picture looked kidogo bright. That glare was much. Have you tried the manual setting of your camera (if it has one) and reduced the exposure time? Might help with that.

3) Some pictures look sharp, others look not as sharp (of the ones you took stationary, eg the very last one of Kensington Olympia. I assume you were not moving when you took that one). I know that on the sony cybershot, if you press the shutter release button halfway, it makes the camera autofocus on the subject. Once the view clears up, pressing it all the way then takes the picture. These come out better than just pressing it all the way right from get go. I don't know if the Fuji camera will let you do that, but it's worth a try.

4) You had asked for sites that give tips on digital photography. Here is one that I like. And another I just got from googling, but looks promising so is going onto my list.

Do you have any pics taken with the Canon?

Mocha! said...

@Aegeus....it is a yummy gadget. Loving it daily.

@the truth...next in line along side the Design Museum, V&A, etc.

@egm...kudos for the tips. Tripod will be considered later once I mastered the basics of the 400D.

N. Kenyatta Gray said...

hey my fav pic is the twinkenham rugby...wont say why...hit me up on my email i have a ton of sites tham can help with that shutterbug disease you have caught...some of my stuff is here...www.kodakgallery.com/kenyattagray

Anonymous said...

You obviously never spent eneough time in Glasgow we have more Impressive buildings such as the Charles Rennie MacIntosh buildings.