Friday, April 13, 2007

Ideal Home Show 2007

Canon 400D

This one show I really wanted to go to and my pal was redecorating, so that too made it worthwhile. The interiors and ideas I saw on the day just made me long for a permanent home of my own. I attend the show with my pal on the last day, a good day to buy stuff on the cheap.

Well, here are the pics as promised...

This was the Ideal Housekeeping Magazine display. Just love this kitchen....the island idea with the glass storage and having no cupboards in the 'upspace'.


Same stand as above - the Living / Dining Room combi'. Just love the storage shelving.


The idea of having a breakfast bar/kitchen island is just up there of how I would like my kitchen to be.

Now this is a cool fireplace feature. Definately not for a house with children.

This water feature in the exhibition hall was just cool. I love the way the mirrored wall in the bottom picture has the sense of continuity.

Jacuzzi anyone? This one has a waterfall and music coming out of it. I just wanted to jump in and just chill.

Now this gadget I like. A running machine that fills up with water. Hence the panels. I love swimming/water, but I hate running. What a cool way to combine both and burn away those calories.



Wall aquariums - now this is a cool idea to use space properly and they are thin too. A moving picture in your living space.

Cookery tips from Celebrity Chefs

Kenya was reppin' too - with Chevdas in the food section of the show!

The young ones showcased some talent too. I came across this buckles of scrolling matrices. Cool for those who like bling bling. Cool way of having an interchangable belt buckle without actually changing the buckle.

I took these pictures from different angles and with different settings from the upper floor of the exhibition hall. Just testing the WB (white balance) on my camera and came out with warm and cool tones depending on the WB setting.

Now these light fixtures are just.........WOW! I love the one on the wall, no need to get another piece of artwork for your living space with that on your wall, huh?

A selection of wall paper.

If you think RED & BLACK for your living room wont go.....think again.

Colour in your bathroom

Now this bathroom idea just WOWed me......the metal pipe work from the ceiling is the tap. You turn it on from the fixture on the wall. The way it is designed is that it is so close to the edge you don't have to worry about it. Cool, huh?

I took this picture coz the wallpaper idea. Have one wall as the focal point of the room with a patterned wall paper and for the colour scheme as well.

Madam Tussauds London showcased some of their wax sculptures at the show. The picture at the top is of Barbara Windsor, famous for her role in the Carry On films and Eastenders. The other two are of Jessica Simpson, famous for a Newlyweds programme.


The End!

9 comments:

Sayyeda said...

pictures are really good.. makes u want to redecorate the whole house :)

N. Kenyatta Gray said...

Phototastic!!..

egm said...

Lovely pics! I need to look out for such trade shows and exercise my skills. I got my new toy finally... :)

Anonymous said...

Mh.. those are really nice.. Especially the kitchen. i wanna have one just like that.. Eh!! Plus the pool..Whoa!!

Anonymous said...

yaani i stay away for a while and what do i come and see, you killed somebody.

man i like the shots they are too deadly. i just love interiors. i had a house plan that many warned me my wife would never live in...i'm looking for a liberal mangaa wife.

Anonymous said...

@sayyeda...thanks! I know what you mean about redecorating. I felt the same way when I was there.

@kg....thanks!

@egm...I saw your new toy. NICE! Trade shows are an experience!

@sue....yep, that kitchen is off the hook. WEEE...mami, stop embarassing yourself. Thats a jacuzzi, sio pool.

Mocha! said...

@modoathii....LOL!

Udi said...

I loved that kitchen concept.

bantutu said...

Aishhhhh!! you you're too good...Too good..am hooked dearie!! Hooked I tell you...Now to Eat up all of your other posts...